(a) The 28th Symposium on Ultrasonic Electronics (hereinafter called USE2007) cannot accept any request, for the refund and/or the cancellation such as- registration fee, lecture article reprinting change, the banquet fee after the payment.
(b) The payment such as- registration fee, lecture article printing charge, the banquet fee, the following conditions will be applicable to the participants.
- Postal money transfers procedure is a part of JAPAN POST' operations. USE2007 steering committee will not bear any liabilities if any trouble occurs due to postal money transfer.
The payment by credit card belongs to SSL of the NTT data cubit system. USE2007 steering committee will not be responsible for any trouble during the payment.
- We would like to request you to verify your existing identity that specified your name / phone number by yourself before payment through the card settlement.
We will not accept the card settlement in the following specified cases.
- if the presentation of the document is impossible
- if we do not get the confirmation even if presented
- if the person himself / herself is different from a card holder
(c) USE2007 steering committee will not bear any liabilities if any problem occur which is beyond our control such as cancellation of USE2007 by a big earthquake, an act of terrorism, and other natural calamity. No refunds will be given in these situations.
(a) Handling of personal information
- Intended use of personal information
Shipment of products
Responses to inquiries
Information of the conference etc
Your personal information provided by USE2007 steering committee will only be used to ensure that all the service will be run smoothly. All personal information will be supplied after getting the advance approval from USE2007 steering committee.
- Control of personal information
USE2007 steering committee will establish the management systems relating to the personal information protection that ensures all personal information will be reserved securely.
- Provision of personal information
USE2007 steering committee does not provide personal information to third parties except in the following specified cases.
- if we have your consent to share the information
- if required by law or regulation
- if our services are consigned to trusted partners
- Disclose and update of personal information
If you request disclose / correction / update of your personal information, we will do so in a rational range.
However, we will not able to do so in the following cases:
- if there is a possibility of damaging a person’s life, health, assets or other benefits
- if we judged it to cause a delay in preparative operation remarkably
- if required by laws and regulation
(b) Link to other websites
(a) All copyright of your submitted documents are belonged to USE2007 program committee.
(b) Copyright of the program, text documents and photography as well as related literature in this website will be controlled by USE2007 steering committee.
The application must be made not less than three months in advance of the symposium date. If a visa is not granted one month before the symposium date, the applicant should notify the Symposium Secretary without delay.
Procedures for Entry into Japan
As a rule, any foreign national who seeks to enter Japan must at first possess a valid passport issued by the government of his/her country and obtain a visa relating to the purpose of his/her visit from a Japanese embassy or consulate abroad. At the time of entry into Japan he/she shall undergo an examination by an Immigration Inspector at an airport or a seaport and shall have his/her passport endorsed for entry permission by stamping.
Unless specifically exempted from visa requirements, a foreign national seeking entry into Japan should apply for a visa at a Japanese embassy or consulate in his/her country and have the visa stamped on his/her passport. For more information, please see the following visa-related web sites:
Visa Exemption Agreement Countries
A Guide to Japanese Visas
It is regret that no funds will be available from the symposium to assist in expenses, which will be your own responsibility.
Due to the high cost of medical services in Japan, all foreign researchers have to enroll in an appropriate insurance plan to cover any medical expenses during stay in Japan. Please note that the premiums for the insurance must be paid by the foreign participant himself/herself.
We have no plan for Excursion & Accompanied person's program.
USE2007 steering committee may update its general information from time to time. When we change the policy in a material way a notice will be posted on our website along with the updated general information.
Last updated August 6, 2007
(c) Symposium on ULTRASONIC ELECTRONICS
All Rights Reserved. Copyright (c) Symposium on ULTRASONIC ELECTRONICS